Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was my last Valentine's Day being "single" and next year, I can shop for a card in the "For My Husband" section! Wohoo! Sam sent me these beautiful flowers at work. It brightened my whole day to get a surprise delivery in the afternoon right when the kids were full of sugar and sweets from their Valentine party. Excellent timing because I was about to pull my hair out!

Valentine's Day has always been a fun holiday and I still don't understand why people get so bitter about it if they are not in a relationship. I just learned that 12% of women send themselves flowers at work on Valentine's Day to look good in front of their co-workers! 12%!!!! That is so pathetic! Just because you do not have a boyfriend or girlfriend on Valentine's Day, doesn't mean it's a horrible holiday...how about sending a flower to your mom or dad to say thanks for raising you? Or how about taking a bouquet of flowers to a nursing home and giving a rose to each resident who probably lost their own Valentine years ago? Or even still, how about making cookies and taking them to a homeless shelter? I have no patience and time for people who wallow in their own self-pity, especially around Valentine's Day. Use the day as an opportunity to spread some love to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment