Monday, February 6, 2012

Time is flying!

Yesterday I moved out of my apartment and into my parent's house until the wedding and it dawned on me as I was moving that a new part of my life was just beginning. I was now in official wedding countdown mode because my single life was over ~ I will never again be signing an apartment lease for one, coming home from work to an empty place, grocery shopping for 1, or cooking for 1...I'm going from "me" to "we" and it thrills me! With each box I carried to my car, I had this exciting bubble welling up inside me at the thought of spending the rest of my life with Sam. I hate the marriage symbol of a "ball and chain" because if that is truly how a person feels getting married, he/she should NOT be walking down the aisle! When I think of my future with Sam, the thought of being "tied down" never crosses my mind. It's actually the opposite - I feel free to try anything my heart desires because I have someone to catch me if I fall and soar with me when I fly. I'm not in this life alone and it's an awesome feeling to have someone to share everything with. Marriage is like gaining a pair of wings; not a ball and chain.

Only 89 days until I marry my best friend, my soulmate, and my love. I feel like shouting it from every rooftop!

No comments:

Post a Comment