Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me :)

I celebrated my 27th birthday this week! Wohoo! I love birthdays and absolutely can not understand people who dread their birthday and getting older. Why would you not like to celebrate a day that is all about you??? Jesus gets Christmas and Easter, St. Patrick gets his own day, Cupid gets a day, so why not me? Ha! I had a wonderful birthday lunch with my dad's parents, a delicious dinner with my mom's parents, a fantastic party with my family, and an exciting dinner with Sam at a fondue restaurant. Yum! I highly recommend the Melting Pot to anyone who visits Columbus. It's an entirely fondue-menu restaurant and a romantic place to relax and enjoy an evening. We had a swiss cheese and wine appetizer with bread, veggies, and apples to dip. That was followed by dinner of steak, chicken, shrimp, and more veggies, which we fondued in a spiced vegetable broth. Then, the mecca of all desserts ~ melted chocolate, caramel, and pecans, with strawberries, bananas, pound cake, brownies, cheesecake, graham cracker marshmallows, and Oreo marshmallows to dip. Wow!

Anyways, so 27 years old now and I'm excited for everything this year will hold. Happy birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment