Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Ohio "Ice Berry"

As much as I loved Ice Berry in DC, and spent a good amount of time there, I knew I had to find a frozen yogurt place back in Ohio....and I did! It's called Menchie's and it's delicious. I first drove past it on my way to get groceries and then lo and behold, there was a buy one get one free coupon on the back of my grocery receipt, so I knew I was meant to try it. It's different from Ice Berry because it's all self-serve yogurt machines and there are about 10-12 flavors to choose from. You get a dish and fill it with as many flavors as you want, then choose as many toppings as you want from the 40 or so they have, and finally the price is determined by weight. Very good thing to know BEFORE filling your dish to the top!! Frozen yogurt is heavy....and putting a little of every topping on it makes it even heavier. Just a warning. And now I'm off to Menchie's to celebrate Mardi Gras :)

No comments:

Post a Comment