Sunday, April 3, 2011

Orchids and Butterflies and Glass, Oh My!

Orchid exhibit

Funny, drooping orchid
New hybrid orchid naturally pigmented blue

I held this blue butterfly!! (not me pictured, tho)

Newly hatched butterfly

Glass blowing workshop
Finished glass rose. What a cool process to watch!
Chihuly glass

The Franklin Park Conservatory has always been one of my favorite places in Columbus. It's like visiting the tropics while never leaving home :) Last weekend, Sam and I went to see the last day of the orchid exhibit, the new releasing of butterflies in the gardens, and a glass blowing workshop that ties in nicely to the existing Dale Chihuly pieces of glass art displayed through the conservatory. Oh, and there was a wedding taking place all at the same time, so it was crowded!! But, being a teacher, I am able to get a huge discount on a year membership for myself and a free guest, so that's what I did and I'm so excited to be an official card-carrying member of the conservatory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment