Monday, July 18, 2011

Break time!


My second vacation break of the summer officially started this week and it's off to a great start! Summer camp at school is finished (thanks be to God I made it through alive!!) and now I have 2 weeks of vacation followed by 2 weeks of teacher training workshops and then school resumes August 17th. Waaaaay too early for my liking, but what can I do?!?! Today, I got to spend the entire day with my sister. We saw the new Harry Potter movie - I had forgotten everything I read in the book many years ago, so it was truly a surprise movie - then we went swimming since it was 94 degrees with too much humidity, baked cookies, made a "breakfast" dinner of Belgium waffles, strawberry sauce, eggs, and mush, and rounded out the evening with a few card games. Excellent way to begin vacation! I'm trying to keep these next couple weeks relatively low-key since the past 5 weeks have been stressful, but I do have a few fun things planned, including a trip to DC with Sam! Back to visit our friends and reminisce :)

I also brought my paints back out and have started painting again. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get them out since moving, but I saw some paintings recently that I really liked and decided to try and replicate them. They looked really cool but way too expensive to purchase, so I decided I could paint them myself. I think they turned out awesome, and it's nice to get back in the painting groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment