Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life as a teacher

This is what I was doing last night until 11pm....making cut-out frog sugar cookies! Today was "letter F" in my class and I thought the kids would love to decorate frog cookies as a special treat in the afternoon. I randomly found this frog cookie cutter while unpacking boxes...I have no idea where or when I bought it, but it was never used and I thought now was the perfect opportunity to give it a try. Well, let me tell you, frogs are NOT the easiest shape to slide from the cutting board onto a cookie sheet! I fought with the dough every step of the way, even after refrigerating it and sprinkling tons of flour on the rolling pin and dough. Today, it was very satisfying to chomp the head off my decorated frog :) I don't even think the kids realized some of the frogs looked more like squares ~ they were pretty much focused on the icing and green sprinkles! Not many people can say they decorated frog cookies at work, but that's exactly why I love teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment