Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year; New Goals

Happy New Year to everyone! 10 days into 2012 and I'm just now getting around to writing this post. I wanted to write it sooner but school started up again and wedding mode is kicked into high gear. It dawned on me that all those little wedding details I had been putting off until after the new year now have to be faced. We have the major things down - ceremony church, reception venue, my dress and bridesmaids, tuxedos, cake tasting, and photography - but there is much to do still! Mom and I went flower shopping on Monday and I purchased my headpiece for my veil, but I still have shoes to find, which is always easier said than done when it comes to my giant feet! Lol! Slowly but surely it will all get done.

Anyways, it's a new year which means it's time to setting some new goals! Here are my 2012 goals:

1. Be calm as the wedding approaches and remember it is only one day and a marriage is a lifetime. My goal is not to stress about the little things because let's be honest, no one is going to remember every detail of our wedding 30 years from now. I am preparing to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, not just one day.

2. Enjoy this year of weddings supporting all my friends who are also planning the rest of their lives! I'm a bridesmaid in one destination wedding this year, and will be attending the wedding of two other friends, as well as helping another friend plan her wedding for 2013, so I really want to be a good support person for these wonderful women in my life.

3. Spend more time in prayer thanking God for everything He has blessed me with - a fiance soon to be husband, family, friends, a good job that I enjoy, a delightful new home, good health, etc. My goal is to pray the rosary every week and spend that time in reflection and thanksgiving.

And.....although I can't label this as an official goal because I'm still undecided about it myself....I might like to get a pet this year. Sam likes dogs and cats (and lizards, sugar gliders, parrots, tigers, etc. but I'm not entertaining those likes!) and I like cats, so I always thought I wanted a cat. BUT, I'm now thinking about maybe a dog. Not a little yapper and not a huge dog that would eat me, but something medium size that doesn't smell and shed a bunch. Sam's mom just got a new dog and I have to admit I really had fun playing with him in the yard. It got me thinking that a dog might be fun, but I have to give it some more thought. So, getting a pet is not a goal per se for 2012 but it may happen.

Happy New Year and thanks for reading my blog this past year. I'll continue with it as best I can :)



No comments:

Post a Comment